Friday, March 5, 2010

the birthday girl


i will very soon become an age of which i cannot even say out loud. if wisdom comes with age i should be so wise now! alas, it does not. i wish i were a wise woman.

i'm a slow learner .... so that means that i'm extremely grateful to God for allowing me to take my sweet time to come to my senses! if life is a journey, i've taken more than my share of detours. i am not an optimist. i wish i were. i have to work hard to try to be one. i try. harder....like avis?

so here is my gratitude list ~ just a few:
~ i am so grateful for a supportive and loving husband
~ the three beautiful daughters that God so lavishly gave us
~ friends that have always been just that
~ a sister who has staying power
~ a beautiful home
~ a rockin' car
~ a God who IS
~ spring

sometimes i get overwhelmed by all the mistakes i've made. i still make them. so if my husband or my children ever read this - i want to tell you how much i love you. i hope that you'll forgive all of my errant behavior and decisions that weren't the best. i'm still a work in progress for sure!

bill ~ thank you for everything. how you've put up with me is amazing. i think
we might make it!
kate ~ the most beautiful bride! think more about what you can do for your
husband on a daily basis than of yourself. these are words of wisdom that
i wish i'd have done more of.
kyle ~ you're so welcomed and loved! it's great to have a son!!
mollie ~ i love you!
emily ~ may you find what you're looking for. i know you will! be open and
ready to "do whatever it takes"!


happy birthday, sandi! i'm beginning to love you a little bit more every day! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment